Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lessons from Basket Weaving etc



A year ago I didn't know how to weave baskets. A month ago I didn't know how. 3 weeks ago I didn't. Two weeks ago I learned how to weave baskets. So this past week, of course, I was qualified to teach basket weaving, right? lol The camp director thought so. So this past week I taught basket weaving. It was quite the experience. But the cool part was that it went fine. I had help and now that it is over I can look back and wow, it went fine. So the life lesson is that we often learn things the best when we teach them. This is definitely true in witnessing and many things. I guess I knew that already but it was a very tangible thing this past week. Here are my lovely baskets...

I'm having a lot of fun in the craft house.
In other news...here are some random pictures from the past several weeks.

My grandparents on their 65th anniversary during camp meeting.

Me and Jackie before our Saturday afternoon activity.
I'm a deceiver. Jackie is a Bible person.

Snow in Lake Placid!


7 comments:

Madurai citizen said...

Congratulation...
Good achievement!
Jai Sai Ram

Danielle said...

WOW this is so cool!!! I love your baskets! You could've been a BMA basket weaver... :) Wait, how is there snow. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS. I would like to know about this phenomena a little bit more. Thanks for sharing your camp pictures. I loved them!
DANIELLE

Unknown said...

The snow is outside the ice rinks there at the Olympic center. When they run the Zambonis they put the ice from that out in a big pile. It's very real and cold. :)

Leslie Ann . . . said...

So good to hear of your latest achievements! Basketweaving! I will place an order soon.

I miss you. How many more weeks?

Danielle said...

oohh the zambonis

Anonymous said...

Nice Baskets! You never know what you can make and do until you do it. experiment more you will be surprised what else the Lord will do through you.

healthycells said...

Lori,
That's wonderful...and the kids loved it. You made a real addition to their camp experience. There's something you must do--
On the way home from camp in the little town of Natural Bridge there is a wonderful ice cream store-"Treats and Tiques". Just about a block east of the ice cream store is a totally awesome basket shop. There is an interesting artist who owns it and she weaves the most unique and marvelous baskets I have ever seen. She is right there to tell you all about how she does it--very friendly! She uses deer antlers as handles and even includes them in the weaving aspects. Her shop is called "The Natural Basket" I think it is--do check it out! And congratulations on your baskets!!
Aunt Janie (Kurtz)