Friday, October 24, 2008

Testimony


I'm going to MEXICO!

With the ERC

In July

And preaching an evangelistic series!

HOW EXCITING!

Now, why would Lorrie, who is certainly not renowned for her speaking ability and desire to be a specticle excited about such a thing?

Well, cause God has given her joy in all things and made it clear thus far that this is His will for her.

That's EXCITING!

Let me share the story.....

I agreed to sign up for an interview with the ERC early this year. It was an exciting thought of something to do after graduation. I preferred to go to Argentina when I signed up. It's in May. Mexico is in the middle of the summer. Why would I want to go smack-dab in the middle of the summer. It is illogical. And I like to be logical. So I interviewed and they told me Argentina is filled. In my mind I went, "ok, well, that's that." I left without saying yay or nay. I talked to my mother. "Lorrie go for it!" "But Mom...." As days went by, I thought, well, my life after graduation is a black hole. You won't have this opportunity, certainly this easy, probably ever again. So, go for it. So in my mind I thought, "Well, ok. I'll follow this path and see where it leads." A Bit half-hearted. A board meeting at my home church was coming up so I asked my parents to see if my church would donate to the cause. The afternoon after the board meeting I talk to my mother. She sounds excited and proceeds to tell me....My parents told the board about Mexico and how much I need which is $500. Certainly a good price but it's still a lot when you're like me and have no money. As they are speaking a church member named Tom hands my mother $25. A lady pulls out her check book and writes a check for $25. Another does the same for $20. My pastor says he will give $100. My grandma says she will give $150. !!!!! So, I now have $320 toward my $500 in just one afternoon board meeting! If no one else gives, I am sure I can muster the rest if need be......PRAISE THE LORD! That was a sign to me. I need to go to Mexico. God wants me to go. He will empower me. I am so excited! Why this summer? Why in the middle of the summer? I don't know. But it's fine. I am so touched by the faith that the members of my churck back home have in me. They were willing to give from their pockets instead of having the church as a institution pay. That is so encouraging and sweet of them. They have faith in me and God's abilities using me. That is such a complement and so affirming for me.

I just went and paid my commitment fee this morning.

I am So excited! I'm sure I won't be quite as excited just beforing stepping up the first day. But, yet, I think I will be. Knowing that I am in God's plan. And He is the one presenting, not me.

Submission. I think that is one of the lessons for this year.

So now, the black hole of my life after graduation is delayed till after July 26th. What shall be next?



:-D
(Mexican turtle)

(images:http://www.essex.ac.uk/armedcon/images/country/headings/flags/mexico_flag_large.bmp, http://www.hurricanedivers.com/hd03066.jpg)

No comments: