Friday, January 29, 2010

The End of an Era

My beloved cat Thumbs has passed away at the ripe old age of 16. He is predeceased by his brother Scamper and survived by many loving family members. Thumbs came in to my life as a small kitten when I was 6 years old. I had always wanted a cat and my grandparents brought back to my brother and I two adorable kittens. I l loved both Thumbs and Scamper but Thumbs had a special place in my heart. I would hold him like a baby and throughout his whole life I was the only one who could hold him like that. Thumbs was very adventurous. He was an indoor cat but would always try to sneak outside. He loved to eat grass and explore anything he could get in. He was always a plumper cat that Scamper but the last year or so he had gotten terribly skinny. I will miss Thumbs. He was the cat of my childhood. He was my friend, a very special cat.

3 comments:

Christy Joy said...

I'm sorry Lores.
hugs

Kristin said...

I'm sorry, Lorrie :( *hug*

bekah said...

sad that this had to happen to provoke you to write a blog :(