Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Post, an Update

I feel like I should write a post. It has been a while. Life is quite different than the last post which was from Central America. I am not residing in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania. More specifically, as the task force dean (girls', obviously) at Blue Mountain Academy.

But I don't really want to talk about that. Things are fine. They could be better. But it is the beginning of the year still and Lorries have to adjust to things. So I am adjusting and submitting. Growing and learning, by His grace.

Family- they are fine. My grandpa turns 90 in a month. My brother comes home from Europe in a little less than 2 months. Parents are fine. etc. There isn't much to say there.

Friends. Well, it is an adjustment to not be at Southern. I do miss the people of Southern. There have been some lonely moments here. People my age are very few and far between. I miss coming home to my apartment with my girl-pals and discussing the day. I do miss my friends. But I do have suport here at BMA with the other deans and staff. It is just different support. I am in touch with friends and have a wonderful boyfriend. It is different than it has ever been. But God is good. He has not left me without relationships.

Money- I don't have much. But I have a car, phone, food and shelter. Amen!

Today as I write this I am tired and the sky outside is dreary. I have a desire to eat lemon poppyseed bread but I have none. It's been a bit of a down day. I miss my cat and being at home. But I am thankful. Thankful for the beauty of spying a few leaves that are turning autumn colors. Thankful for a conversation with an empathetic staff member. Thankful for smiles. Thankful for the promise that with the changing days of life, God never changes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we're close enough to see each other...it's a comfort :) Who knew growing up would be so hard and if someone knew then why didn't they warn us? Well actually I'm pretty sure my dad did lol. Thankfully, we have Jesus! Here's a quote from the book I'm reading that I think you'll find encouraging:

"God has intricately woven together my hopes, my dreams, and my vocation. God's plan for each one of us includes the way he has wired our thinking and has prepared whatever it is in our lives that will bring us fulfillment." --Ravi Zacharias, The Grand Weaver, p. 65.

Katalin said...

Yes, you stated that so true about life...thanks for sharing. ;-)

Katalin said...

Yes, you stated that about life its so true thanks for sharing. :D