Friday, July 24, 2009

An Amazing Day

(I am still in El Salvador. The campaigns are nearly over. It is hard to believe.)

Tonight was amazing. Life is interesting. Nearly all the day I was tired and grumpy. Tonight as we left for the church it was pouring rain. And I was just so tired. We got to the church and nearly no one was there because of the rain. We still had 20 visitors but a bus bringing a bunch of people including around 10 visitors didn't come. So a lot of people were not there. I was just so tired and trying desperately to energize myself. And I was unsure how the message was going to go. I didn't practice as much as I usually do. But I prayed.

Everything went very well. I've been trying to always include a personal experience/make the end personal so the people feel relating to me and I am being vulnerable. I told how I ended up in El Salvador. (First plan was to go to Argentina, then Mexico, then that was changed to Nicaragua and then one spot left in El Salvador trip that I slipped in to. And God provided the money) and how God knows the plan He has for us. It is never by chance where we are. He knows our hearts and knows exactly where we are this very moment. He has a plan for us. I wasn't sure if I should share that tonight but I was praying for a story and couldn't think of another. God knew that was the story. The pastor said that really touched him. And he continued the appeal from that. Then he appealed for people to come forward who wanted to join the church. And slowly but surely 10 people came up! Praise the Lord!

The coolest part was how a couple members brought others up. They encouraged those around them. There is this lady who lives in such poverty. Her home is literally a shack. She sleeps on a stack of cardboard. She quietly got up and was encouraging a family. She could see the tears in their eyes and the conviction on their faces. She went over to them, took them by the hand and they allowed her to bring them to the front. It was powerful! I stood at the front with a huge smile, tears in my eyes and trembling lips. We need to genuinely care that people are following Jesus. We need to be encouraging each other to choose Christ. God is teaching me so much on this trip. I'm not sure how I will use it all when I go home. But I am convinced that is why I came here: to learn and to use these experiences wherever I end up. God has His hand writing a story for me. I'm just not sure the next chapters. But I want to be faithful.

So my grumpy day became one of the most blessed experiences ever. Satan wanted me down, grumpy and tired. But God prevailed! Praise the Lord! I am so thankful! I will never forget this ever.

God is so good. He is all we need.

No comments: